Saturday 30 July 2016

Monthly Recap: July


Hello I think compared to last month my July has been a little quieter in some ways and busier in others. 

In My Life

On the 1st of July I started my school holidays. Yay! Not only that but Camp Nanowrimo started. At first I found that a bit of a struggle but I managed to pull through and only have a little less than 1000 words to go I am fairly confident I can get to my 10,000 word goal.  I will give you a more detailed run down in August. I went away for the weekend with my family and visited my Nan and Pop. We had a great time of relaxation and catching up. I also had some books on hold at the library that arrived at a great time, though I didn't read as many or as much as I would've liked to. The holidays did seem to last for a long time, but they were only two weeks and then I was back at school. One thing I can say is that I didn't really want to go back to school because it would mean less reading time and then I did because sometimes holidays can seem too long and boring. 

Back at school I received the results for my mid-year exams. I'm still waiting on some of the results though. 

What I've Watched

My family have finished watching Stargate Atlantis. We did try and start watching SG1 but we were watching it online and it wouldn't load fast enough so instead we watched a movie called Radio which is really touching by the way. I definitely would recommend watching it. But after that Mum introduced to me to Gilmore Girls which is on Netflix if anyone was wondering. Although, it's not fantasy I am really enjoying. It is quite entertaining and hilarious. 

What I've Read

Throne of Glass Picture

  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas  ~ There will be a review in August. It was an okay read. 
  • Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson ~ This book gave me the urge to reread Anne of Green Gables which as you will find out I did end up reading even though I had library books I needed to finish. The urge was just too strong. I can't help being a bookworm. 
  • The Sky So Heavy by Claire Zorn ~ This was one I wasn't totally sure what to expect but I did end up enjoying it. 
  • Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery ~ I will always love rereading this book. It's a classic from my childhood. Sometime in the (hopefully) near future I will reread the rest of the series. They are currently sitting tucked under my bed. I had to dig them out of a box I had packed some of my childhood books into. 

What I Plan To Read


I need to finish reading my Library book haul Next month I plan to finish reading Firebrand by Gillian Philip. After that I plan to read The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees. It's set around the time of Shakespeare and I love history in my fiction. Then I will put a hold to borrowing books from the library so I can read some books I have at home that I haven't read yet. I've realised recently there are quite a few. I am probably going to start with continuing with the Anne of Green Gables series but I don't think I will read them all in a row. I need me some other books in-between. 

On the Blog

Coming Up

  • On the 2 August I have a That Word post this time with the word Splendiferous.
  • On the 6th August I plan to give you a run down of Campnanowrimo
  • One the 13th of August I plan to post a review of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
  • On the 16th of August I will post the second That Word of the month. This time it is the word, Fastidious. 
  • On the 20th I will probably do another Beautiful People.
  • On the 27th of August you will get another lovely Monthly Recap
  • On the 30th I manage to sneak in one more That Word. This time it's the word Congregate.

Around the Blogosphere 

Katie Grace @ A Writer's Faith wrote a post on Very Serious Tips On How To Write Fast. This reminded to forget about plot and just write. As well as other very important tips. :)

Cait @ PaperFury posted about How To Fabulously Get Started On #Bookstagram.

You might also like
Monthly Recap: June

No comments:

Post a Comment