Tuesday 30 August 2016

That Word Congregate




This segment of my blog is inspired by Victoria Grace Howell Word definition that we get as part of her weekly Writerly Bundles and by me when I come across words I have a vague sense of the meaning but not a complete sense of the word.


I often come upon words that I either haven't heard of before I can't remember the meaning. These posts are for those words and in hopes of helping others remember the meanings and introduce them to words they may not know.

Our next word is...


Congregate 

Where I Found It

I didn't find this word anywhere in particular. In my notes where I had written it I said I felt that I had always liked it. 

Definition/s 

  1. To come together; assemble, especially in large numbers:
  2. To bring together in a crowd, body or mass; assemble; collect.
  3. Congregated; assembled
  4. Formed by collecting; collective. 

An Example Sentence

The small winged group congregated in a corner of the cell like room.

My Thoughts

I know this word is not that uncommon, but obviously some time ago I thought that I had always liked the sound of it. And I do like the sound of it. The way the g's work in accordance with the words around it make it sound cool, for lack of a better word. It just, I like it. I don't know fully how to describe it.


What Do You Think? Do You Like This Word? 

No comments:

Post a Comment