Wednesday 16 November 2016

Beautiful Books: November Edition


This month I am participating in Beautiful Books hosted by Cait @ Paperfury and Sky @ Further up Further in.

1. Overall how is your mental state going, and how is your novel?

My mental state I do believe is okay. I have an account on both the official site and the young writers site. For the young writers site I have set my word count for 12,000. I'm trying not to pressure myself too much because I do have my exams coming up. I suddenly realised I'm capable I've writing so much more than I do. Also The first day or two I was really struggling with getting the story out so I decided to change it and focus on the origins on where that story came from. I'm happy to say the story is flowing so much better and I am writing more.

2. What's your first sentence (or paragraph)? 

I have two first sentences for one from before the story change and one after.

Fighting. It’s not anyone else I’m fighting but myself 

~~~
The young boy’s chin shook as he stared in the distance. “Daddy,” he whispered. His bright blue eyes were wide as he glanced around the forest. “Run,” he said shakily, “I-I-I must run,” 


3. Who's your favourite character in your novel? 

I think my favourite character is currently Zoltan who is my protagonist. I'm loving seeing how he is growing both in mind and on paper. He is developing in ways I didn't realise would happen.

4. What do you love about your novel so far? 

What do I love? I just love that's it's being written. It's a story that's been on my heart this year and that I have found hard to put on paper at times but now it flowing and it's coming into being.


5. Have you made any hilarious typos or mistakes? 

I almost didn't think I had any then I just wrote this. It actually took me a while to work out that wishing was meant to be within. I don't even know how it happened.

Suddenly a flashing silver object came racing around and stopped wishing millimetres of his neck. 

He knew by the hard look in the man’s eyes that hew oddly not be afraid.

6. What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle or end and why? 

I can't honestly answer this because I have never gotten to the end, but I hope to this November if I can.


7. What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space. 

I try and write whenever I can. If I don't have my computer available there is always my current journalling notebook. It has plenty of little pieces of stories and poems throughout that I write when I can and when I have a spare moment. Lately I have written a little bit when I get to school early and sometimes during recess and lunch times. I don't really know a time I write best. I suppose, honestly I'm not sure.

8. How private are you about the novel you're writing? Do you need a cheer squad or do you work alone (like ahem Batman)? 

I'm very private about this novel. I told my teacher's of writer's club at school this year that I had a novel idea but that it was too underdeveloped to tell them and they don't know I'm doing Nano either. I think they would probably think I am being very brave or maybe crazy since you know exams. So I would say I am more a Batman writer. Alone. Though this year is the first time I've connected with my region through Facebook since this time last year I didn't even have an account. It's been really encouraging. Though I haven't actually posted in the group yet. I do plan to do that though.

9. What keeps you writing even when it's hard?

I think one of the main things that keeps me writing even when it's hard is that this novel isn't going to get written otherwise. Who else would write it but me?

10. What are you top 3 pieces of writing advice?

  1. Just Write. It can be difficult with insecurities seemingly constantly sneaking in, but sometimes you need to ignore it and just write. Which is one thing I love about Nano because it pushes me to do just that. 
  2. Procrastination is deadly. I've found that I can get distracted really easily and that it is stopping me from writing to my fullest potential.




2 comments:

  1. That procrastination comment is so true---heck, I'm procrastinating right now by reading about other people's NaNo novels! Keep going!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Zolten? Cool name! Did you make it up?
    2. YES about procrastination! I think every author struggles with that...
    3. Good job working on writing even with exams. That's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete