Thursday 3 November 2016

Monthly Recap: October

In My Life

I preordered A Time to Rise in September and that arrived while I patiently waited for A Time to Speak to be available at my local Christian bookstore. It's on the website but won't let me order. It is sadness. 

Instagram

I participated in the #atime2rise October Photo Challenge created and hosted by Nadine Brandes leading up to the release of A Time to Rise and each tagged photo was also a entry to win one of her books. Which I supposed only enticed me to participating even more. It's only the second bookstagram challenge I've been a part of and really enjoyed doing it. 

Books I've Read


  1. The Candlestone (Dragons in Our Midst #2) by Bryan Davis.
  2. Circles of Seven (Dragons in our Midst #3) by Bryan Davis
  3. Tears of a Dragon (Dragons in our Midst #4) by Bryan Davis
  4. Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire #1) by Bryan Davis
  5. The False Prince by 
  6. Enoch's Ghost (Oracles of Fire #2) by Bryan Davis
  7. Last of the Nephilim (Oracles of Fire #3) by Bryan Davis
  8. Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan.  Review coming in November. 


I swear I didn't mean to read so much. Sometime books are that good. Notice all the Bryan Davis books. Yeah they're all rereads. I couldn't help myself. I've just started reading The Bones of Makaidos. The last book in the Oracles of Fire series. I definitely read a lot more books than I usually do. Normally it's three or four. Oh dear me. 

My Book Haul

                                            




This month it seems I've collected a few new books. 

1. A Time to Rise by Nadine Brandes. It doesn't matter that I haven't read A Time to Speak yet. I just couldn't resist. 

2. Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor. I couldn't resist when I saw it in one of my local stores at a really cheap price. 

3. Eve by AM Young. This was suggested by a new friend of my family and the next day Mum went and bought it for me. 

Books I Plan to Read

I don't know how much reading I will actually get down in November with the reality of exams looming but some reading will hopefully happen .


Eve by William P Young.
The Shack by William P. Young
The Bones of Makaidos by Bryan Davis



The Last of the Nephilim and The Bones of Makaidos  by Bryan Davis

Since I've been reading (or racing) through a reread of these books these will certainly be on my list. Can't wait to continue the journey. 

Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor

The cover looks so pretty and I loved the first one can't wait to read it. I keep staring at it. 


What I've been Watching

My family and I have been rewatching some of arrow and newly watching the rest. We're up to season 4.

I watched the first episode of RWBY volume 4. I am still in love with series since I first discovered it.  I can't wait to see what they do with this volume.

On the Blog

I didn't blog quite as much this month. It wasn't planned but I think just with school and exams and reading a few more books than I usually do. So in short I probably got more immersed into reading than I should've and neglected some other more important things. But anyway I hope to be back into the swing of things for November. Well actaully Nanowrimo + exams. We'll just have to wait and see.

What did you do this October? Did you get much reading done? 




No comments:

Post a Comment