Tuesday 10 January 2017

That Word: Inception


That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that I discover newly or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you. 


Inception

Where I Discovered It?


I was writing a blog post and double checked the meaning of a word I had used. It turned out I was correct. I also thought it would be a nice addition to my That Word segment. So here it is. 

Definition/s

  1. Beginning; start; commencement

An Example Sentence


"The inception of such the idea seemed quite absurd to the rest of us." ~ A quote from my current work in progress. 

My Opinion


I love inception partly because it sounds simple and short yet is a longer word. It not only sounds simple but has a simple meaning too. It presents an opportunity to use it when words like beginning and start are beginning to sound a little old. I'm certainly glad I found it. 


So what do you think? Is it a word you've heard often? Have or would you use it? Do you know of other words similar? 




No comments:

Post a Comment