Tuesday 28 March 2017

That Word: Echelon



That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that I discover newly or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you.  I find all my definitions on Dictionary.com 

Echelon

Where I Discovered It


I do believe that this was another word hanging around on the notes of my phone.


Defintion/s

  1. a level of command, authority, or rank;
  2. a level of worthiness, achievement, or reputation

An Example Sentence

Pricilla's echelon is the lowest of her school. 

My Thoughts


Contrary to what I originally thought the Echelon is pronounced Esh-uh-lon. I originally kept pronouncing it how it look with a ck sound. The English language is an amazingly vastly strange yet my language. I literally had no idea what it would mean. Although I did think it would be more, I don't know. I think it sounds almost scientific. 



What do you think? Have you heard of this word before? Have you used Echelon before? Do you think you would use it often or is it a one word that brings limited use?



No comments:

Post a Comment