Tuesday 21 March 2017

That Word: Laconic



That Word is the segment on my blog where I post new words that I discover newly or have jumped out at me once again. If you love finding new words this post is for you. If you're a writer looking for different words to describe some this post may also be for you.  

Laconic


Where I Discovered it?


As where the last few of late, this one comes from a list on the notes on my phone. All I know is that I must have listed it there for a reason. The word actually listed in my notes was Laconically the adverb version of the word. 

Defintion/s

  1. using few words; expressing much in few words; concise; 

An Example Sentence


The Laconic reply expressed what they had all been thinking. 


My Thoughts


This is probably not a word I would use to often, but one that may be used for specific characters who are more likely to express their thoughts in few words. Laconic to me, though, sounds as though almost linked to a sickness. Laconic, the conic part is what does it. 


What are your thoughts? Have you come across this word before? Have you used this word? Would you use it in the future? Do you disagree with my thoughts? Please feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts. Feel free to also mention any words you think would make a great addition to this segment. Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment